PYRETHRUM 5 EC
Controls aphids, black fly, greenfly, caterpillars and white fly on organic flowers, fruit, and vegetables
Contains 5% Natural Pyrethrins
- Pyrethrum 5EC is approved for use against a wide range of pests including greenfly, whitefly, aphids, flea beetle and caterpillars
- For use on all edible and non edible vegetables, soft fruit and ornamentals. Can be used in indoor and outdoor growing systems
- Can be used with a wide range of water volumes 275-1500 l/ha
- Leaves no pesticide residues. Can be harvested after 24 hours from last treatment. Can be used in organic farming systems
- Approved for tractor mounted boom spraying
- No limit on the number of applications per season
- Approved by all the major retail growers and listed in the UK Pesticide Guide (The Green Book)
- 100% natural active Ingredients
- Organic Farmers & Growers Approved
Timing of application: Apply Pyrethrum 5EC as soon as pest or pest damage is seen and when motile stages of pests are most active. Do not apply in direct sunshine or in very hot weather when it is advisable to apply in early morning or in the evening.
Rates of use: Apply Pyrethrum 5EC at a dilution rate of 20ml in 5 litres of water. For outdoor crops, apply at a minimum individual dose of 1.1 litres product per hectare. For crops grown under protection, apply at a maximum individual dose of 2.4 litres product per hectare.
DO NOT EXCEED MAXIMUM INDIVIDUAL DOSE.
Spray Programme and Harvest: Crops may be sprayed at 7 day intervals and harvested 24 hours after the last application.
Crop Safety: Some species of plant may be sensitive to Pyrethrum 5EC and show signs of yellowing, particularly after a second application. Do not apply to open blooms and test spray on a small number of representative plants before spraying larger batches. Certain types of bedding plants may suffer some damage to any flowers present at the time of spraying. Subsequent new growth is unaffected.
Application: Wash equipment thoroughly immediately after use. Fill the tank with clean water plus some wetter or detergent and flush out. Refill with water and spray out before storage or using other products. Traces of Pyrethrum 5EC may cause damage to susceptible crops sprayed later.
Drift: Avoid drift off the target areas. Avoid spraying within 6m of the field boundary to reduce effects on non-target insects and other arthropods. Pyrethrum 5EC must be stored in a suitable pesticide store in a dark place.
Resistance: Pesticide resistance in glasshouse whitefly and some aphids is widespread. Where strains resistant to products containing Pyrethrins occur, this product is unlikely to give satisfactory control. Note: Resistant strains of the tobacco whitefly are also know to occur.
PROTECT FROM FROST.
For use only as an agricultural / horticultural / forestry / industrial insecticide.
Crops / situations: All edible and non-edible crops.
Maximum individual dose: 20ml product in 5 litres water.
Other specific restrictions:
- 1. Do not exceed 1.1 litre product / ha for crops grown outdoors.
- 2. Do not exceed 2.4 litres product / ha for crops grown under protection.
READ THE LABEL BEFORE USE, USING THIS PRODUCT IN A MANNER THAT IS INCONSISTENT WITH THE LABEL MAY BE AN OFFENCE. FOLLOW THE CODE OF PRACTICE FOR USING PLANT PROTECTION PRODUCTS.
Engineering control of operator exposure must be used where reasonably practicable in addition to the following personal protective equipment (UK only);
- WEAR SUITABLE PROTECTIVE CLOTHING (COVERALLS) AND SUITABLE PROTECTIVE GLOVES when handling the concentrate.
- WEAR SUITABLE PROTECTIVE GLOVES when applying by hand held equipment.
- However engineering controls may replace personnel protective equipment if a COSH assessment shows they provide an equal or higher standard of protection (UK only).
- WHEN USING DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR SMOKE.
- WASH HANDS AFTER USE.
- DO NOT BREATHE SPRAY.
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell.
- RISK TO NON-TARGET INSECTS OR ARTHROPODS. See Directions for Use.
- HIGH Risk to bees. Do not APPLY TO CROPS IN FLOWER OR TO THOSE IN WHICH BEES ARE ACTIVELY FORAGING. Do not apply when flowering weeds are present.
- DO NOT CONTAMINATE SURFACE WATER OR DITCHES with chemical or used container.